Sunday, February 22, 2009

On Feeling Bedraggled

I realize that I have been quite negligent with my blogs lately. It is a fact that bothers me quite a bit, especially considering the recent stretches where I was quite productive. Perhaps it was because I had more time. The month of February is a monster that I have still not yet tamed. In fact, thus far it has done a pretty good job of tossing me around like a chew toy. I am so very drained, and I feel like in every aspect of life I am just trying to catch up. I keep having to remind myself to rely on Jesus. He will pull me through whether I can see the possibility or not. I trust him.
As a side note, if anyone who reads this ever contemplates being both set designer and assistant stage manager for the same show, I would strongly caution you against it. You do not want that kind of stress in your life.
On the up side. If I make it through this week, then I have made it to Spring Break, that glorious time of year for which students across the world desperately hope. To sleep, to write, to see LA. Yes, that's right. My Spring Break plans now include a trip to sunny California, and I shall finally see the ocean.
The ocean.
I cannot wait.

No comments: