Sunday, September 26, 2010

On Psalms

In my Bible study last week, we talked about the book of Psalms and as part of the meeting, the person leading that week set some time aside for us to write our own psalms. I decided I would share what the fruits of that time were for me.

Holy father, Holy King
I call you God, I call you good
I raise your name around me
in towers of gold and glass
Majesty
You are
sacred and strong and pure.

selah

Light beyond and through
the heavens you watch me--
surround me. I praise you
and your unfathomable name
But enemies walk beside me--
before me--behind me
laying traps
hooks to pierce my skin
pull me down
And it hurts so much to fight

selah

In darkness, Lord, I call
Your name
sweet mercy
water to my weary soul
I beg for you--cry for rescue
Light, cut through these shadows
Grace, cut through these bonds
Have mercy on your servant

selah

You are the solid ground
beneath my feet, you are
the light, the warmth, that flows--
that falls on my head in showers,
You are the water that
cleanses me, that drowns me,
You are the breath that fills
my lungs, You are the fragrant wind

selah

Great God
Glorious
Goodness incomprehensible
Grace beyond sufficiency

1 comment:

Alexander Cox said...

Got the blog going again. I wold love to dialogue.