Saturday, July 19, 2008

On Goals

Things I want to accomplish in life:

-Swim across something at night (like that scene near the end of The Motorcycle Diaries)
-Skydive
-Sculpt something out of marble
-Find a fedora that fits my oversized head
-Write a play (I suppose it would also be nice to see this play performed, but I will start small)
-To have my predominant trait be eccentricity (I would also love to exploit this eccentricity to get away with stuff when I am old)
-Invent a word that works its way into the common vernacular
-Own a Jedi costume (and possibly a storm trooper costume, preferably both)
-Publish a novel
-Experience poverty (why? I have no idea, but it seems like it would make me grow as a person)
-Write like John Donne (the man was awesome. If you have not read "Batter my Heart Three-Personed God" quit reading my blog right now and go do that)
-Walk on my hands
-Have something named after me (I do not really care what it is; a building would be nice, but I would be content with a disease or even a park bench)
-Build an awesome tree house
-Memorize the entire New Testament (technically, I have already memorized half of it, but I have not really retained it very well at all)
-See the entire Shakespeare canon (maybe as a bonus I'll memorize all of that too...maybe)
-Write plots like Alexandre Dumas (if you've read "The Count of Monte Cristo" you know why)
-Spend a night in a castle
-See an ocean (yes, I know it is tragic to live 19 years and never have seen an ocean, but that is why it is on the list)
-Cross the country without the use of an internal combustion engine
-Destroy a product advertised as indestructable
-Create a book that is a multi-genre compilation of writings and images that has the power to change the way people think
-Always be there for my friends
-Always have friends who will be there for me
-Do a true painting of a sunset (no photograph can ever truly capture a sunset; too much of its beauty is connected to emotion)
-Fall in love
-Serve God faithfully
-Know Jesus


1 comment:

starbird said...

Gregory. I am glad you made your list. That reminds me that I need to hop on completing mine.