Monday, July 7, 2008

On Tears

Well, as of today, it has been a year since the last time I cried. It is weird to think about. A year is a long time.
The question is whether I am heartless and unfeeling, or if I really just hide my feelings and fail to express them. The truth is probably in the intersection of the two. Because I am analytical and laid back, I am rarely upset about anything, and what I do feel I often just "get through" by gritting my teeth and putting on a mask. Sometimes it is for the better. Feelings cloud judgement, and rationality can break through the haze of emotion; but at the same time, emotion is a part of the human experience. In bypassing feeling, am I bypassing a part of my soul?
Maybe I am being a bit melodramatic. Perhaps the cause is more in my lack of suffering than in my lack of feeling. Or maybe I am just too stoic for my own good. I don't know.
What's in a tear?

1 comment:

Chester said...

salt and water.
;)