Sunday, February 14, 2010

On Expressing Love

Every now and then, it can be fun to write some poetry that I don't take to seriously. I think I take myself too seriously on a consistent basis, but this can be especially true about my poetry. Tonight, in honour of Saint Valentine, we had a party including tea and biscuits, a movie, and a bad poetry contest. I love such endeavours, and I took it upon myself to contribute to the festivities.
Here is the award winning fruit of my labour:

Is there a way that I can show my love
To you and prove that you alone can make
My soul ascend beyond the stars above
And then return to greet you when you wake?
No, I'm unable to declare in word
The true intensity of all that I
Have felt for you, since no one yet has heard
A phrase that can articulate my sigh.
If I desre that you shoule ever know
How fully I'm devoted to your name,
I'll tell you not with speech but with a show
Of faith and sacrifice unto your fame.
This Valentine's, I'll give my heart to you
Still beating, like the pagans used to do.

2 comments:

Karen said...

barf.
Miss you friendface! Skype party soon?

dr3am3r said...

bahahahaha. classic.