Wednesday, August 25, 2010

On Transitions

Well, the GRE came and went, and I am relatively unscathed. And I am once again living on campus at Bethel for the first time in eight months. It is kind of surreal. I am trying not to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of people I don't know. It's not just the freshman either. I only got to know a handful of last year's freshman since I was gone for a whole semester. Not to mention all of the faces that aren't here. I still don't think I have gotten used to the fact that some people have graduated and are gone for good now.

And next year that will be me.

I feel time pulling me along, carrying me on to the next stage with little effort on my part. It is like riding a bike down hill. I don't have to pedal to keep going or to accelerate, I just need to hold on to the handlebars. It is like traveling with a travel agent. They do all the booking, and I just have to show up at the appointed time. It is like acting. The words are in the script and I just have to figure out how to say them.

I wonder where I will be a year from now. I feel like I am on a course for something, that my steps are pointed in a specific direction, but I can't tell what that direction is. I am trusting that God knows where I can best grow and serve him and that he has desires for my life, and I am trying to entrust myself to him, but it is hard sometimes.

No comments: