Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On Challenges

So it is time to add another chapter to the ongoing saga of my love of writing. I am still not sure how this idea developed, but I now have a writing buddy by the name of Jess who shall make sure I write while I make sure that she does the same. I am pretty sure this grew out of our mutual desires to write and our respective failures in that regard. Out of that discussion came the idea of setting goals to which we would keep each other accountable. Unable to come up with goals for ourselves, we decided that each would be responsible for challenging the other as well as determining rewards and punishment based on performance. The first idea Jess came up with for punishment was public humiliation, the next idea was public flogging. Somehow it became buying a cup of coffee for the other person, but I have a feeling the final call would be something much more creative. We shall see.
Well, as of yesterday, I had two weeks to complete a short story based on someone I know. I know have thirteen days and a basic plot idea. It will be a good time to see where this partnership goes. Right now Jess has the challenge to write a first person narrative that is not about herself. I am not sure yet if we are starting small or biting off more than we can chew, but I suppose we will find out soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Biting off more than we can chew? Yes, maybe, but it will be an adventure! I'm glad to have you as a partner in this, Greg. It helps!