Sunday, October 5, 2008

On Cloud Cover

I enjoy grey skies. I do not understand why some people see an overcast sky and think it an ugly day. Just because the rays of the sun are diffused between a bunch of drops of water doesn't mean that the world is any less beautiful. A photographer will tell you how much he loves it when a nice cloud rolls in front of the sun. It removes the worry over shadows.
Perhaps it is just a personal preference. When it comes to weather, I tend to have different tastes than most people. In addition to taking great delight in the warmth of a summer sun, I also love standing in the rain and letting it fall down my face. What is more, I enjoy the cold and wear shorts even when it is below forty degrees outside. I just love weather. Maybe I am meant to live in England, where the skies are more often grey and damp, where I can more often enjoy the beauty of the fog. It is quite common there, and I already have a great affection, both for their writers and for their spelling, as anyone who has read much of my writing could certainly affirm. I do not know why, but I am quite a big fan of that country. However, I do not think I am meant to live in England; maybe for a spell, but not forever.
Well, these reflections have been rather random, but it was time for a new post. I shall follow with something deeper soon.

1 comment:

Nathaniel FitzGerald said...

Sometimes, it's okay to muse on seemingly unimportant things.