Monday, January 12, 2009

On Foundations

Last night saw the inception of my very own webcomic, Foundations, set in Ancient Greece. Drawing the first comic was great fun, and the scanning and colouring were no more difficult or time consuming than I expected. However, getting the rotten comic online proved absolutely horracious (yes, that is not a real word; it is a combination of horrific and hellacious, but I like the sound, and it just seemed fitting). All in all, it took about an hour for me to figure out how to get the comic online, the right size, and without any distortion. For some reason, whenever I tried to upload it as a jpeg from my computer, the colour would invert. I was really at a loss for a while. Nonetheless, I somehow managed to get it online. The site is fairly unattractive right now (I'm working on that), but I have a webcomic now, dadgummit. I just hope it is worth the trouble. It feels a little ill-omened right now.

No comments: