Thursday, January 29, 2009

On Friendships


Past


Passing
The faces
The faces
Recognition
So many that I know
Quiet
Eerily quiet
Only our footsteps
Our passing footsteps
Speak
Of memories echo
Do you remember?
Surely
You do
I can see it in your eyes
Your eyes
That don't look at me
Or maybe they do
I'm not sure
I looked away too quickly
I passed by too quickly
Too quickly
Passed
We talked together
We laughed together
We dreamt about this day
When we would walk here together
But now
Here
Silence
Strangers
You look the other way
At something in the distance
So as not to look at me
But
Now I'm doing the same
Until you are behind me
Passed
And I hang
My head
Low
So I don't see
The faces
The faces
I know so well
But I don't what's behind them
Not anymore
Not who
Who
Are they
Am I
Footsteps walking on

No comments: