Sunday, July 26, 2009

On Blogging

I was really excited when I started out this month with six posts in the first two weeks. However, I then proceeded to go almost two more weeks without a single post. So much for that little spree. It is not that I have had nothing to write; a lot of life can happen in two weeks, for some reason I have simply not been able to set anything down. It is like I have had some sort of blogger's block. I usually feel like I have to be witty, profound, or eloquent in my blog posts, and lately, I have not felt like I could muster any of those traits to write about myself, so I simply did not post.
I think I hold myself to too high a standard sometimes--a higher standard than that to which anyone else holds me.
I don't feel like this post is at all witty, profound, or eloquent either. Mostly it is just meandering thoughts, but I am at least doing something. Sometimes, the only way out of writer's block is to force yourself to write. You may not be particularly pleased with the result, but at least you have momentum again. I feel like the same practice applies to blogging as well. At least I am posting again. Maybe this is what I need to ease myself back into being witty, profound, and eloquent again. Or MAYBE I will finally learn not to take something as silly as a blog so seriously...

We shall see.

1 comment:

starbird said...

I'll believe that when I see it.