Friday, August 21, 2009

On Observations

The ironies of getting robbed:

A kicked in door looks really cool, until you try to close it.

Police fingerprint kits are cool, but the police don't clean up after using them. So not only were we robbed, but then there was grimy black dust all over the house.

Everyone in the house was subletting from the University of Notre Dame. Nothing belonging to the house (and therefore insured) was stolen, only the belongings of poor college students.

I have a lock for my computer so I can chain it to my desk, but I never used it this summer because I trust my housemates.

At the beginning of August, Best Buy sent me a letter encouraging me to renew the warranty on my laptop in case of accident or theft. I ignored it, and my warranty ran out...four days before I was robbed.

We still lock the house, but we are not sure what we are protecting.

1 comment:

dr3am3r said...

that's chilling, but I like how you lay out the facts. The conciseness adds a certain bereftness...