Thursday, November 13, 2008

On the Little Things

As the title of this post implies, the following poem is about some of my little joys in the mess of a daily routine. If you can find joy in a constant, so much the better. It will be there for you later. I do not necessarily recommend adhering to a routine, but if you happen to be stuck in one, try to find some joy. And now that I am well off track, I present to you a poem. I had help with the title from my roommate, Chester.

Defribulator

Ceramic
Cool to the touch
Smooth and glossy
Open
Awaiting
The darkness
Enter the contrast
The white
the black
Inhale
Ah, there it is
The comforting scent
Steam
Rising
Swirling
Curling
Dispersing
Like a dying pen
Whose trail
Slowly
Fades
To blank
There's the cloud
Spreading in the dark
Enter the contrast
But the pale cloud grows
Stretching
Thinner
Reaching
Blending
With the grains
Dancing
Like fools
Spinning away
Untill all are one
Ah, there it is
Good morning

1 comment:

starbird said...

wonder full